In partnership with Vice-Chair, Miranda Brawn, Black Cultural Acrhives has announced the launch of the "Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Scholarship." The annual scholarship is to provide funding and guidance for the next generation of young Black Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) leaders to successfully puruse their education.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be between the ages of 14 and 21, and from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) background. Successful applicants will be rewarded the following:
- An amount up to £1000 (dependant upon available funds)
- One to One Mentoring Session with Miranda Brawn
- CV advice and work experience
- VIP access to the "Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Annual Lecture," which will be held during UK's Black History Month.
Receipients of the scholarship will be chosen annually based on their exemplary academic perofmance and demonstrable interest in diversity. The deadline date for the selection process is 2nd September 2016. The "Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Scholarship" Committee will choose the finalists who will be invited for an interview in September 2016. The first scholarship will be rewarded on 15 October 2016 during the "Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Annual Lecture."
To be eligible for the "Miranda Brawn Diversity Leadership Scholarship," a student must:
- Be attending school, college or university in the UK on a full-time basis.
- Proven Academic Excellence
- Submit 100 words on the following theme: 'What does Diversity mean to Me." This is an opportunity to share your experience and/or ideas on diversity.
- Have an Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic (BAME) background aged between 14 and 21 years.
- Have an interest in diversity.
- Be available to interview in September 2016.
- Be available to accept the Scholarship in London on 15 October 2016.
For further details on the scholarship and download an application form, go to: http://bcaheritage.org.uk/learning/diversity-leadership-scholarship/